Monday, December 10, 2007

The Black Crowes: David Letterman Show 1994


Between 1993 and 1997, The Black Crowes were simply unstoppable. In Chris Robinson and Marc Ford, they had, at that time, the best lead singer and lead guitarist in rock n' roll. They released classic albums such as Southern Harmony and the Musical Companion, Amorica, Three Snakes and One Charm and eventually from that period, Tall and The Band. All these recordings mixed rock n' roll, blues, country, and soul and remain some of the best records of the 1990's.
Take a look at this clip from the Letterman show in 1994. They are playing a cover of Traffic's 'Feelin' Alright.'
Afterwards, you will be...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NohMVqECIc4&feature=related

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The Black Crowes were always a favorite of mine from this mid-90's time period. We made sure that we played "Hard to Handle" in our sets with the band I was in - yes I know it was and Otis Redding song but I still like their version. My Dad was a big Traffic fan - he liked "little" Stevie Windwood. So this song/performance is a natural match for me in my magical universe. Thanks for the post
D